Structure of Summit
Opening Plenary: “Africa’s Transformation Agenda – Opportunities and Challenges”
Keynote Speaker and Panel Discussion on Plenary Theme
Science, Technology and Innovation in Africa
- Developing a coherent science and technology policy for Africa
- Establishing viable networks for scientific information exchange
- Integrating science and technology into continental, regional and national development strategies
- Stepping up funding for scientific research
- Information Technology
- Environment and Climate Change.
- Agricultural Science and Bio-Technology
- Physical Science & Engineering
Democratic Governance and Political Stability in Africa
- Building Democratic Governance Structures in Africa
- Ensuring Transparency and Accountability in Governance in Africa
- Managing Ethnic and Sectarian Divisions in Africa
- Promoting Freedom of Speech and Association in Africa
- Religion, Ethnicity and Social Networks
- Political Structures and Electoral Systems
- Legislative and Judicial Systems in the Enactment of Laws and the Administration of Justice
- Media and Civil Society
The African Economic Paradox –“The Resource Curse”
- Improving macroeconomic stability in African economies
- Supporting structural transformation in Africa through value addition
- Reducing poverty and income inequality in Africa
- Promoting entrepreneurship and enterprise development in strategic sectors
- Trade and Regional Economic Cooperation
- Financial Markets and Investments
- Development Planning and Economic Policy Management
- Industry and Natural Resource Management
Bridging the Infrastructure Gap in Africa
- Establishing financing mechanisms for infrastructure development in Africa
- Improving Contract and Project management for infrastructure projects
- Developing a comprehensive regional infrastructure policy framework.
- Establishing and implementing an effective maintenance regime for infrastructure projects
- Telecommunications Infrastructure
- Transportation Infrastructure (Roads/ Railways/ Shipping/ Air transport).
- Land and Water Resources
Social Service Delivery in Africa
- Establishing and maintaining quality standards for social service delivery.
- Bridging the gap between the rural and urban divide for social service infrastructure in Africa.
- Developing financing and investment mechanisms for social service delivery.
- Building regional and sub-regional centres of excellence for the delivery of social services in Africa
- Health and Wellness
- Education and Training
- Housing and Urban planning